A New Post
- You need to register (you can find the link on the bottom right hand side of any page in this site.
- Once registered you should log in (bottom right hand side of any page)
- From this “Dashboard page” click “Posts” on the left hand side then “Add New”
- You can now choose the title for your item, and type the content in the large box.
- From the right hand menu, under categories choose Poetry, or Writers as appropriate
- When you have completed press the “submit” button (note this may be “submit for review” for new posters)
Your post will be sent for review to one of the moderators and once approved will then be added to the site for people to read and comment.
Commenting on a post
- Ideally you should log in, or you will have to fill out all your details for every comment you make, then find the article you wish to comment on and click “Leave a comment”
- type your comment in the box and click “Post Comment”
Your comment will be sent for review to one of the moderators and once approved will then be added to the comments for that article.
All poets are encouraged to participate in the comments and review component of posting and develop their own critical faculties.
We recommend that for every single post that the individual poet makes,they be encouraged to post at least 2 comments on the work,current or past of other poets.
To edit your poetry
When you log in to the site, and get to the “dashboard” you should be able to click on “posts” on the left hand side, then when you hover over a post you have written you will see “edit” appear underneath, click this and you can edit both the post and the title. When you have finished don’t forget to click the update/publish button on the right hand side.
Problems posting or commenting
We are only human and do now check the site every minute of everyday – Sorry! So it make take us a day or so to approve you comments until you become a regular contributor. We also run an automatic spam filtering filtering service, so if you contribution hasn’t appeared after several days please send us an email so we can sort it out.
If you have any other problems just send us an email and we will be happy to try and solve your posting/commenting problems
Adding a Profile Picture (Avatar)
You are best signing up with Gravatar (This will automatically give you an avatar on our site as long as you use the same email address you registered with).
- Go to http://en.gravatar.com/ and click “Get your Gravatar today” on the left hand side, enter your email address and click “Sign up” on the next page click the button, and check your email (include your spam or junk folder as it may have gone into there)
- Click the link in the email and register yourself an account username and password. From here it is pretty self explanatory on the gravatar site to upload a picture, or choose one from your webcam or from somewhere online. (It is worth noting that if you choose a photo from your computer that is large it may take a while for it to upload the progress is displayed in the bottom bar of the window as a percentage).
Destiny Poets only accepts G rated Avatars, so make sure you do that, then also make sure you actually click on the image to select it for use with your email that you registered with. – it should make sense on the way through!
Adding Pictures to Posts
To be able to add images to your posts your account will need to be upgraded to “Author” status rather than just a contributor – if anyone requires this then please let me know (we try to upgrade all users after they have become a regular contributor.
- When you add a new post above the “content box” there are the words “Upload/Insert”, next to them are 4 buttons, the first of which is “Add an image” – Click this button (it looks like a rectangle within a rectangle.
- Once this window opens you can select an image that you have already saved on your computer by clicking on the “Select Files” button. This will bring up a window for you to find the picture on your computer. When you have selected it double click it or click Open/Select. The file will then start to upload and you will notice a bar across the bottom of the window that should indicate the progress of the procedure.
- When this progress reaches 100% the window will change and you will see a small version of your picture, and be able to change some properties of it, such as giving it a meaningful title, and choosing how large you want the picture to be. Generally Medium or Large should be plenty big enough for everyone to see without it taking too long to load for anyone on a slow connection, or using their mobile phone to view the site. When you have selected the options you want click the button “Insert into Post”. This then inserts the picture into the post where the cursor was last in the post, you can then move the picture to where it is needed.
- If you have already put a picture on the site before and wish to reuse it, then when you click on the “Add an image” button you can then click on the “Media Library” button and “Show” the picture and insert it into the post again.